Accessibility Statement for Emersons Green Town Council
This website is run by Emersons Green Town Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible and we are working to improve it.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format such as accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 0117 3026989
We will consider your request and get back to you within five working days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us on the following link: email@example.com
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the Clerk on 0117 3026989/ firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Find out how to contact us: http://www.emersonsgreen-tc.gov.uk/contact-us/
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Emersons Green Town Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Some graphics contain textual content as an image. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content). We plan to remedy this by January 2021. We plan to remedy this by January 2021.
- Not all images feature alternative text. Some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content). We plan to remedy this by January 2021.
- Some content in tables spills over the edge of the page when zoomed in
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix [example of non-essential document].
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 7 October 2020.