The Unitary Authority of South Gloucestershire Council carries out most of the statutory duties within the District.


Emersons Green Town Council has a number of responsibilities as follows:


Emersons Green -IMG_2277.JPG


We have one allotment site in Dibden Lane. The site has 103 plots of varying sizes.

We hold a waiting list for people interested in having an allotment.  If you live within the Town Council boundary and wish to have an allotment please contact us.  Currently the annual fee for allotments is £48 for a full plot.

The allotments are actively monitored and holders are required to sign an annual contract including the terms and conditions for such.  Once a year the Council holds Allotments Awards to which all holders are invited, a number of presentations and awards are given out at the event.

Emersons Green -IMG_2263.JPG

Common Land

The Town Council is responsible for much of the Common Land within the Parish including:

  • Rodway Common – circa 35 acres including the Carsons Copse Woodland

  • Vinney Green – circa 2.4 acres

  • Emersons Green Common & Green Lane – circa 5 acres

  • Land on Blackhorse Road (junction of Dibden Lane & Elm Tree Avenue) - circa 1.2 acres

  • Land at Windsor Place – circa 0.4 acres

These plots of land are for public enjoyment however there are restriction on them. If you have any concerns please contact us.

Emersons Green -IMG_2274.JPG

Street Furniture

The Town Council has a number of bus shelters and litter bins it is responsible for along with several public seats and picnic benches.  We regularly undertake inspections of the street furniture but if you have an queries or concerns please contact us.

Emersons Green -IMG_2268.JPG


The Town Council has the power to award grants to local community groups. We have a fixed budget each year and grants are considered monthly at Finance meetings.

Local groups are invited to apply for a grant providing that their work benefits residents within the Emersons Green Town Council boundary.  Example of groups who have successfully obtained funding are:

  • Local sports clubs & associations

  • Scouting & Guiding groups

  • Charitable Organisations

  • Youth Groups

Please contact the Clerk if you would like further guidance.  If you wish to apply for a Grant please complete the application form here and return it to the Clerk.


Planning Consultee

The Town Council is a statutory consultee for planning applications and the Unitary Authority has a duty to take into consideration comments made by the Town Council.

The Planning Committee meets fortnightly and considers applications.  If you are concerned about an application please let us know so we can consider your comments when responding to South Gloucestershire Council.